DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industry in India – Forecast and Analysis 2021” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Indian pharmaceutical industry is valued at over $40 billion. The domestic pharmaceutical market in India reached a turnover of $18.12 billion at the end of 2018. In 2021, the majority of the pharmaceutical manufacturing in India have been generic drugs that are lower in cost than prescription or patented drugs.
India faced a devastating second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. With COVID-19 vaccination going on in the country, the government is trying to increase its supply of vaccines to vaccinate most of its population at the earliest.
The healthcare sector in India is one of the biggest in terms of revenue and employment. The industry has been growing at a rapid pace, with the government focusing on building basic healthcare facilities in rural areas. Meanwhile, the Indian pharmaceutical industry is also one of the biggest in the world.
India is the largest manufacturer of generic drugs in the world, and it also supplies over 50 percent of the worldwide demand for various vaccines. India is ranked third globally in terms of pharmaceutical manufacturing by volume. There is no doubt that India plays an important position in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
The publisher presents an in-depth analysis of the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industry of India in its research report Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industry in India – Forecast and Analysis 2021.
The report covers the following data:
- An in-depth coverage of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry in India by sectors along with an analysis of how the COVID-19 pandemic is effecting the industry.
- We analyze the segments of prescription drugs, generic drugs, OTC medicines, and also analyze the landscape for medical research and clinical trials in India.
- A SWOT analysis of the Indian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- A Porter’s Five Forces Strategic Analysis of the Indian pharmaceutical and healthcare Industry is included that looks at the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers, competitive rivalry in the industry, and the threat of new entrants and industry substitution.
- We take an up-close view of the regulatory framework governing the Indian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Competition in the industry, along with an in-depth analysis of the major domestic and multinational players like Aurobindo Pharma, Sun Pharmaceutical, Cipla Limited, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Glaxo Smith Kline, and many others are included.
Key Topics Covered:
A. Executive Summary
B. Industry Definition
C. Brief View of the APAC Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Sector
D. Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry in India
D.1 Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
D.2 Pharmaceutical Sector Analysis
D.3 Healthcare Sector Analysis
D.4 Market for Prescription Drugs
D.5 Market for Patented Drugs
D.6 Market for OTC Medicines
D.7 Market for Generic Drugs
D.8 Medical Research in India
D.9 Clinical Trials in India
E. India Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry: SWOT Analysis
E.1 Strengths to Build Upon
E.2 Weaknesses to Overcome
E.3 Opportunities to Exploit
E.4 Threats to Overcome
F. Pharmaceutical Industry in India: Porter’s Five Forces Strategy Analysis
F.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
F.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
F.4 Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
F.5 Threat of New Entrants
F.6 Threat of Substitutes
G. Chronic Medical Conditions in India
G.3 Cardiovascular Diseases
H. Regulatory Framework of the Industry
H.2 Regulations governing Generic Medicines
H.3 Regulations governing Biosimilars
H.4 Regulations governing OTC Medicines
H.5 Pricing and Reimbursement Regime
H.6 Challenges with Intellectual Property Rights
H.7 Other Regulatory Challenges
I. Import/Export of Pharmaceuticals
J. Competition in the Industry
J.1 Competitive Landscape
J.2 Competition in the Generic Drugs Sector
J.3 Competition in the Pharmacy Sector
J.4 Competition in the Drug Distribution Sector
K. Forecast: Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry in India
K.1 Outlook of the Pharmaceutical Industry
K.2 Outlook of the Healthcare Industry
K.3 Outlook for Prescription Drugs Sector
K.4 Outlook for Patented Drugs Market
K.5 Outlook for OTC Medicine Market
K.6 Outlook for the Generic Drugs Market
L. Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry: Major Players
L.1 Aurobindo Pharma
L.1.1 Corporate Analysis
L.1.2 Business Segment Analysis
L.1.3 Company Strategy
L.1.4 Financial Analysis
L.1.5 SWOT Analysis
L.2 Cipla Limited
L.3 Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
L.4 GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
L.6 Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
L.7 Merck & Co.
L.8 Novartis AG
L.10 Sanofi SA
L.11 Takeda Pharmaceutical
L.12 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
L.13 Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
M. Glossary of Terms
N. Research Methodology
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/smybf3